Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Earthquakes, and Hurricanes, and Wild Fires, Oh My...

For those who may have been wondering if I dropped off the face of the planet. Well I sorta have. I had a planned 4 day trip to Death Valley with Michael who needed to do some hands on research for his current book. Just minutes before we left the earthquake hit our area. No real damage but spooked the heck out of the dog who refused to come back in the house (we all went outside in case another one was coming.

As Saturday approached (our planned return date) it was pretty obvious that our flights would not make it through. I couldn't even get to the airlines via phone to rebook so I finally just said screw it and got new one-way flights home for Tuesday from San Francisco so we could travel a bit.

Since Saturday we've been roaming the Sierra Nevada Mountains and visiting Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks. There is a wild fire in Yosemite that is burning a number of the residences of the park rangers. One of the roads into the park is closed and about 1,000 fire fighters are woking to contain the blaze and they are evacuating some areas that have never been evacuated in the past.

I will be heading home today then tomorrow take off again to DragonCon so I'll start posting again in a bit. I'm sure you are more interested in marketing and publishing tips then hearing about my adventures but I thought I should at least stop in and tell you'll what's been happening.

5 comments:

Ender Chadwick said...

Glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully canine psychologists aren't too expensive.

Have fun at Dragon Con!

John Twipnook said...

Sounds like a good plot. :) Earthquakes, hurricanes, fires...

Robert Bidinotto said...

How DARE you and Michael be off wandering, when we all NEED you to be here pumping our heads with your business savvy? Have you no sense of DUTY to your desperate audience?

;^ )

Enjoy yourselves. You've earned it.

Colleen Moore said...

Just avoid pestilence if you can...I hear he's not a nice horseman.

xccc said...

Which are the indications of worldwide recognition of folks during this modern world? Not surprisingly, number of followers of the Twitter account is a firm indication in today. website to buy twitter followers